Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PBR


Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) sold by Pabst Brewing Company

ABV- 4.74%

I don’t understand many things; fixed geared bikes, $200 pea-coats at Andy & Baxs, The MacBook and drinking PBR.

I have long ago grown out of drinking beer by price: taste is what I want.  I can’t find it behind the blue ribbon. I am surprised by the flood of “hipsters” dinking PBR- a cough syrup flavored beer. I see it all over town - $1 PBR ice cold. It has to be ice cold, cold enough to shock your taste buds into not tasting it! After a few sips Theron and I used most of the contents of the tall boy to toast our “Dead Homies”.

PBR doesn’t even have the image of the little brother brewery anymore. Once owned and brewed in Milwaukie Wi ; now Pabst brewing is based in LA and owned by The Miller Brewing Company. I would be hard pressed to buy or even drink a free PBR. I think if I was in Rome Station Store preparing for an Owyhee trip’ and they sold out of Bud and Coors I would go dry before choosing PBR.

RRCBR- Class I

No comments:

Post a Comment